1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Alright, so it's not for dieters, but can you think of a better way to finish your working week? I can't! The original recipe listed a particular brand of chocolate, but I don't like to help huge multi-nationals with their advertising, so use whatever you like! :) Source: Australian Good Taste - April 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- melted butter, to grease
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150 g butter, chopped
- 315 g caster sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- 115 g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 35 g cocoa powder (1/3 cup)
- 250 g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- cocoa powder, to dust
- double cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Brush a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter to lightly grease, then line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- 3Place the dark chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- 4Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and milk chocolate in a large bowl. Add the dark chocolate mixture and eggs and stir until just combined.
- 5Pour into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake in oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre.
- 7Set aside for 2 hours to cool.
- 8Meanwhile, to make the mocha sauce, place the dark chocolate, thickened cream and coffee in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- 9Use a metal spoon to stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- 10Dust the brownie with cocoa powder. Cut into wedges. Divide among serving plates.
- 11Top with mocha sauce and double cream to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie With Mocha Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.7
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.9 mg
- Sodium 150.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 45.0 g
- Protein 13.5 g