Recipe by auntchelle
These biscuits are a cookie version of the Aussie chocolate. Kids especially seems to love them. The recipe calls for you to use 3cm, 5cm & 6.5cm round cutters - the yield is based on using these cutters. Of course you could do them all the same size. From Australian Women's Weekly: Cookies book.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 165 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 225 g plain flour
- 35 g self raising flour
- 35 g cocoa
- 200 g eating dark chocolate
- 85 g rainbow nonpareils (hundreds & thousands in Australia)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, sugar and egg in a small bowl and beat with electric mixer until combined. Sift together both flours and the coco. Stir sifted ingredients into mix, in 2 batches.
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3-5mm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C, 356 deg F. Grease & line trays with baking paper.
- Cut 14 rounds using each of the 3 sized cutters (42 total). Place the 3cm cookies all on 1 tray. Place the remaining cookies on other trays.
- Bake small cookies for about 10 minutes and larger cookies for about 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- When cool, melt chocolate by your preferred method. Spread tops of each cookie with chocolate and sprinkle with the candy. Place aside to set.