Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
For chocolate lovers who care to eat healthy!
Make and share this Double-Chocolate Fiber Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.Coat about 15 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder,sugar, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- 3In another bowl, add the milk, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla; whisk until blended.
- 4Add the liquid ingredients and 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the dry ingredients.
- 5 gently fold until incoporated, do not to overmix.
- 6 Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- 7Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly over muffin batter.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 9Place pan on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before removing muffins from pan.