Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old "All Time Favorite Recipes" book.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil and egg; beat at medium speed until crumbly; stir in nuts.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture firmly on bottom of prepared pan.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir until chips melt.
- Pour chocolate mixture evenly over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set; cool and cut into bars.
These are soooo good and rich!!! I made them for tomorrow, we are having friends over to watch the Packer game but I had to "test" them out first...my husband and I are each on our second bar!!!! Will definately make these again and again!!