Recipe by Mrsspeevs
This cake is great for a crowd. I got the recipe from my sister who made it for my son's birthday. There was not a crumb left!
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 scoops vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat sugar and oil on high speed until creamy.
- Add orange juice and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda and add to mixture.
- Add flour, water, vanilla sugar, and eggs a bit at a time and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and cool completely.
- Add confectionary sugar, water, oil, cocoa, and vanilla to a small pot and heat over low heat until it's a smooth glaze.
- Pour over the cake while the glaze is still hot.