Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From TOH, these sound FABULOUS!!I mean come on--2 of my favorite things--espresso AND chocolate!! So I am going to put them here until I can bake them.
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (semisweet)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter with coffee granules; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Beat in the chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and tops are cracked. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
These are HEAVENLY! They are easy to prepare and taste great. I have made them twice already! Next time I make them, I will use half semisweet chocolate chips, and then 1 c dark chocolate chips for the stirred-in portion, just for extra richness! ;-)
My coworkers loved these cookies - I used instant espresso granules instead of regular coffee granules and bittersweet chocolate chips (1 cup) in the batter - I used the semisweet to melt, though. The batter is indeed like pudding, but bakes up beautifully and when they came out of the oven at exactly 12 minutes, I sprinkled granulated sugar on them - they were awesome! Thanks for a great cookie recipe - very brownie like!!!
These cookies are really quick to throw together and taste fabulous! The instant coffee really helps to bring out the chocolate flavor.