Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from a bag of chocolate chips. :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in until creamy.
- Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are puffed.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Was looking for a change from the usual chocolate chip cookies and now I've found it!! Really a great tasting cookie with a nice chewy texture...Mmmmm, goes great with a nice tall glass of milk. As I know I will be making these again, have saved the recipe to My Favorites. Thanks so much for sharing this gem.
Ooey gooey goodness! I reduced the sugar to 3/4 c. of brown and 3/4 brown and they're still sweet enough for my sweet tooth husband. Thanks for the recipe!
These are great! I was having a serious chocolate craving today and these really hit the spot. These came out very well as drop cookies, but I'm looking forward to making them in mini-muffin tins as *Pixie*--I wonder if they'll be like whole foods' "two-bite brownies"...