Recipe by MirandaLee
Everyone remembers "magic cookies" or "seven-layer bars" from childhood. These are made better by using a chocolate filling.
Top Review by Krista Smith
I just LOVE these bars. They're easy and delicious. I used chocolate grahams to turn them into TRIPLE chocolate dream bars and used half a cup of mini chocolate chips and half a cup of m&ms baking bits in place of the regular chocolate morsels for a bit more 'festive' look! Thanks for a great recipe. I will be making this one often!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 11 whole crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In 13x9-inch baking pan combine graham-cracker crumbs and melted butter until crumbs are moistened; pat into bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together condensed milk and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pour over graham-cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with coconut, pecans and chocolate morsels, pat down lightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 24 bars.