Recipe by Manami
These are awesome! They are made with a cake mix and embellished with almond paste. Found on odense.com.
Top Review by Kathy(
WOW, who knew that a little can of almond paste could make such an impact. These brownies are simply amazing. I made these in a nifty little square cupcake pan that I bought recently and baked them for about 33 minutes.
- 198.44 g almond paste (Odense)
- 552.81 g fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml water
- 118.29 ml oil
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- toasted almond (Garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325º and grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan.
- Grate the chilled almond paste into medium bowl, using the large hole side of a grater.
- Add the brownie mix and the chocolate chips to the almond paste.
- Mix with fingertips to make sure almond paste is not stuck together and is well mixed with the brownie mix and chips.
- Beat the eggs, oil and water called for on brownie box in separate bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with spoon until well mixed.
- Spread prepared batter into prepared pan and bake according to time listed on box, adding 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted almonds, if using.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm with chocolate almond chip ice cream and chocolate syrup for a real down home dessert.