KC Jazz's Note:
Not quite candy but not quite cookie bar....but decadent and addicting.
My Private Note
12-2 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup smucker's chocolate fudge topping
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted*
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat together shortening and brown sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and peanut butter, then add flour and salt. Mix at low speed until just combined.
- 3Spray a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with no-stick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until top puffs slightly, is firm to the touch and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool cookie base on rack for 10 minutes.
- 4Melt chocolate chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Alternate heating and stirring frequently until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- 5Remove lid from hot fudge topping and heat according to package directions. Mix warmed hot fudge topping into warmed chocolate. Spread over cookie base and immediately sprinkle with walnuts. Chill in pan, then cut into 2-inch diamonds. Store in an airtight container.
- 6TIP *To toast nuts: Place chopped walnuts in a dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Diamonds
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.5
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 249.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g