1/2 Photos of Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Debbie R.'s Note:
These are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips. They are flavored with orange juice; I just love the taste combo of chocolate and orange! To stay on the healthy side of things, they only use 3 T. oil for fat. And besides...we NEED the bioflavanoids in chocolate, right? Er, uh, or whatever those health people said.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients, including the 1/3 cup water.
- 3Put wet mixture in the well of dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- 4Fold in chips. Use a light hand; a heavy hand leads to heavy cupcakes.
- 5Use cupcake liners for muffin pans. Fill about 2/3 full with batter. Any empty muffin holders should be filled half full with water. Do not just put under the sink to do this. Put water in a something with a lip, like a liquid measuring cup, and use that. (Yes, I learned this the hard way.).
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Leaving on the liners, remove from pans immediately. Cool on racks.
- 7Number of muffins really depends on how full you fill your tins.
- 8Sprinkle tops with confection's sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 243.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g