Recipe by Debbie R.
These are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips. They are flavored with orange juice; I just love the taste combo of chocolate and orange! To stay on the healthy side of things, they only use 3 T. oil for fat. And besides...we NEED the bioflavanoids in chocolate, right? Er, uh, or whatever those health people said.
Top Review by Redsie
These turned out quite yummy!! Few things I changed, used 3/4 cup orange juice and left the water out. Also used some white chocolate chips that I needed to use up!! Made 12 muffins out of the mix. Thanks Debbie! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients, including the 1/3 cup water.
- Put wet mixture in the well of dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- Fold in chips. Use a light hand; a heavy hand leads to heavy cupcakes.
- Use cupcake liners for muffin pans. Fill about 2/3 full with batter. Any empty muffin holders should be filled half full with water. Do not just put under the sink to do this. Put water in a something with a lip, like a liquid measuring cup, and use that. (Yes, I learned this the hard way.).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Leaving on the liners, remove from pans immediately. Cool on racks.
- Number of muffins really depends on how full you fill your tins.
- Sprinkle tops with confection's sugar, if desired.