Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from my grandmother's recipe collection. Putting it here so I wont lose it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Blend eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, pecans, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; blend well.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9 in baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min until light brown.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top. Bake 3 minutes. Cool pan on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in cereal. Spread evenly over top of cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
I found this in my loose recipe file marked "excellent", with the paper all spattered and smeared from use. What more can I say?
I am typing this review for the second time. These were great. We were going on a long car ride and I wanted a yummy treat all of us would enjoy. Everybody loved them, but make sure you have lots of wipes on and for the little ones. I followed the recipe exactly and I wouldn't change a thing. Made for pick 3 chefs June 2008.