Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good bar! You cant go wrong with chocolate and cream cheese! 8)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine margarine, water and unsweetened chocolate in saucepan, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, 2 cups sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add 2 eggs and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour into a greased & floured 15x10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar; blend in egg. Mix well.
- Spoon over the chocolate batter. Then cut through with a knife creating a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
These are the most decadent sticky chocolate bars I have ever made. The Pick a Chef contest provided me with an excuse to make them today, and I can only say I'm glad. Although I did grease and flour the pan, they stuck a little to the bottom. So, next time I'll line the pan. Thank you for the recipe.
Oh my Ocean Ivy..these bars as soooooo delicious, and very moist, with the sour cream AND the cream cheese, we were just in heaven...I took half these over to my friends place for Easter, and everyone went wild...what a wonderful treat, they really don't need any icing on top they are so moist....I have froze the other half in the freezer (I kept out some to eat now)..well, they are already gone, I guess i will just have to take the rest out of the freezer..I really don't expect them to last very long...they are so good. Thanks Ocean Ivy for a delicious chocolate treat, I will be making these again :-)....KC