Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a good bar! You cant go wrong with chocolate and cream cheese! 8)
Top Review by mianbao
These are the most decadent sticky chocolate bars I have ever made. The Pick a Chef contest provided me with an excuse to make them today, and I can only say I'm glad. Although I did grease and flour the pan, they stuck a little to the bottom. So, next time I'll line the pan. Thank you for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine margarine, water and unsweetened chocolate in saucepan, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, 2 cups sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add 2 eggs and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour into a greased & floured 15x10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar; blend in egg. Mix well.
- Spoon over the chocolate batter. Then cut through with a knife creating a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.