Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These candies are delectable. Covered first with chocolate and than white chocolate, they are truly decadent! If you're really a chocolate fanatic (like me), try using semisweet chocolate instead of white for the second coating.
Top Review by AmbyDawn
These are delicious!! I dipped them all in white chocolate and drizzled with dark chocolate. Gave some away for valentine's day, but kept most for myself because they were so delicious.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (with stems if possible)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening or 1⁄4 paraffin wax block
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain cherries on several paper towels and press out excess moisture; allow to drain at least an hour.
- Fondant: In a medium bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, chocolate and milk; beat until smooth.
- Stir in confectioner's sugar (mixture will seem dry).
- When most of the sugar is mixed in, turn out onto counter and knead until smooth.
- Divide into 24 pieces (about 2 tsp each) and shape into balls.
- Flatten each ball and mold around cherries, covering cherry completely (leaving stem out).
- Refrigerate at least an hour or until very cold and very firm.
- Line large cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat or in the microwave, melt chips and shortening or wax until smooth.
- Place pan or bowl over hot water to keep dipping consistency.
- Holding stems (or use toothpicks if your cherries have no stems), dip covered cherries into melted chocolate and allow excess to drip back into pan or bowl.
- Place on waxed papered cookie sheet to set.
- Place in miniture muffin cups if desired and store in tightly covered container or in the refrigerator.