Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderfully simple cookie recipe that tastes (according to my 4 year old DD) super yummy!! I really like the inclusion of oats in this recipe, I think that it makes a big difference. I haven't done it myself, but I should imagine that substituting some chopped hazelnuts for some of the choc chips would be just delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 115 g plain chocolate chips
- 115 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven 190/375/Gas 5. Lightly grease two baking sheets/or line with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in lightly using a metal spoon, then add the oats and chocolate chips stirring until evenly mixed.
- Place small spoonfuls of the mixture in 18-20 rocky heaps onto the baking sheets, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until beginning to turn a pale golden.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on the sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
What's not to like? White and milk chocolate in one cookie! Mine didn't take very long to cook at all, about 8 minutes or so. When I cooked for 15 minutes, they were too dark and burned on the bottom. More of a crisp cookie than a soft one, even though they turned out pretty thick. Great tasting! Thanks for sharing. Made for Rookie Tag game.