Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite ex-neighbor, Nell, gave me this recipe. Normally I'm not a big chocolate on chocolate fan, but these delicious cookies are the exception to the rule.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, and butter in a glass dish.
- Cover, and microwave on low until melted.
- Stir thoroughly, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until thoroughly combined and creamy.
- Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, then vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in walnuts and white chocolate chips.
- Dough will be soft; chill until firm enough to work with.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until surface looks slightly glazed.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.