Recipe by Marz
From Martha Stewart's new Cookie recipe book released March 2008.
Top Review by erica*marie
These cookies are DELICIOUS! I wasn't a member of Food.com but signed up just so I could rate this recipe. The only thing I did differently was used bittersweet chocolate chips instead of white. I cooked them for 10 minutes and they came out moist and perfect. I like my cookies soft, and the next day they are still soft and chewy. I'm definitely saving this recipe and will make them again! (The dough was soooo good too. :)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chunks
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixture fitted withthe paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in to a bowl. Mix into butter mixture on low speed until weel combined. Stir in chocolate, coconut, and walnuts.
- Using a 1-1/2 inch ice cream scoop, drop batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly. Bake until set about 10-12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment paper to racks to cool completely.