Recipe by Janneke anne
This is a recipe to put into a Quart size jar for a gift. I love to make extra for myself to keep throughout the winter. I got the recipe from my aunt, who found it in the newspaper clipping in 1987, it has been changed a little over the years for the kids.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
I made a test batch of this for myself and it was okay, not rich enough for my tastes so I added a bit of condensed milk to the finished product and it was great. I used hazelnut flavoured coffee creamer and left out the marshmallows (personal preference) It was an enjoyable drink and very festive looking in the jar.
- 2⁄3 cup powdered coffee creamer
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 2⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips (must be MILK chocolate)
- 1 1⁄3 cups marshmallows, in small ziploc
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE JAR:.
- Place the ingredients in the jar in this order:.
- Coffee creamer on bottom.
- Powdered sugar.
- Flavored drink mix.
- Dry milk.
- Chocolate chips go on top of milk.
- Place ziploc of marshmallows on top.
- Directions for Cocoa Mix.
- **Double Chocolate Cocoa**.
- Set marshmallows aside.
- Empty mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Blend mix very well with a whisk.
- Place mix back into jar.
- Place 1 1/2- 2TB of mix into a cup. Add 1 cup of boiling water. Stir until mixture is completely dissolved.
- Top with marshmallows.