Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Baker's Catologue, King Arthur Flour. Haven't tried it, but sounds wonderful!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups king arthur 100% organic white whole wheat flour or 1 1⁄2 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup null or 1 cup bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease or line with parchment two cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt. Add the eggs, beating until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, then the flour; the dough will be stiff. Mix in the chocolate chips and chunks.
- Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets*, leaving about 1 1/2" between them. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan. Yield: 3 dozen cookies.
- *Variation: Drop the dough balls into confectioners' sugar or coarse sugar, rolling to coat, before baking. Or sift confectioners' sugar over the cookies before baking, or drizzle with melted chocolate afterwards—or go wild, and do it all!