Recipe by Sharon123
From Southern Living magazine, these are mouth watering good! To have cookies for guests, freeze dough in an airtight container up to 1 month. They will love the combination of peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate chunks!
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
Sharon these are so delicious! Chocolate and peanut better were made for each other! I love the addition of cinnamon, and I try to use it when I can in my every day cooking because I just think it's good for you. Made for KK's 24 Days of Cookies event!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml chunky peanut butter
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 236.59 ml unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 326.01 g bag semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add chunky peanut butter and sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanuts and chocolate chunks. Shape dough into 2" balls (about 2 Tbsp per cookie). Flatten slightly, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pan 1-2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.