Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this yet but wanted to save it for summer. Not sure what magazine I got it from. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add sweetened condensed milk, and beat, at medium-high speed, until stiff peaks form again. Beat in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Stir in half and half. Pour into canister of a 4-6 quart ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chunks. Ice cream will be soft. For firmer ice cream, place canister in freezer for 4 hours.
- May be garnished wiht Chocolate fudge pirouette cookies if desired.