Chef 313014's Note:
Very good and chocolatey! I've included notes for buttermilk substitution and for high altitude baking. From Pillsbury.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla chips or 3 ounces chopped white baking bar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Grease 18 muffin cups. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- 3Add buttermilk, margarine, almond extract and egg; blend just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in vanilla and milk chocolate chips and almonds.
- 4Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Cool 3 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool.
- 6* To substitute for buttermilk, use 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice plus milk to make 1 cup.
- 7HIGH ALTITUDE -- Above 3500 Feet: No change.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 130.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g