Recipe by Ridgely
Excellent! Need I say more! From King Arthur Flour.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great cookies! Rich and chocolatey. Loved the combination of chips and chunks. For the espresso powder, I used one packet of Starbucks Via which worked well. Found that flattening the cookies slightly before baking gave the best result. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons espresso powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk (or bittersweet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease or line with parchment paper two cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, baking power, espresso powder and salt.
- Add the eggs, beating until smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, then the flour; the dough will be stiff.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the chunks.
- Drop the cookies by the tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets*, leaving about 1 ½ inches between them.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan. Makes about 3 dozen.
- *Variation: Drop the dough balls into confectioners sugar or coarse sugar, rolling to coat before baking. Or sift confectioners’ sugar over the cookies before baking or drizzle with melted chocolate afterwards.