1 hr 8 mins
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. 30 minutes for prep time, 30 minutes for chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 square of chocolate in small microwave bowl on high 1-2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after each minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- 2Cut 3 squares of chocolate into large chunks, set aside.
- 3Beat margarine, sugars, egg & vanilla until light & fluffy.
- 4Stir in 1 square of melted chocolate.
- 5Mix in flour, baking powder & salt.
- 6Stir in chocolate chunks & walnuts.
- 7Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 8Heat oven to 375°F.
- 9Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- 10Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets.
- 12Remove & finish cooling on wire racks.
- 13Melt remaining 4 squares of chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on high 1-2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after each minute until chocolate is completely melted.
- 14Dip 1/2 of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- 15Let stand on waxed paper until chocolate is firm.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g