Recipe by OSUChrissy
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. 30 minutes for prep time, 30 minutes for chill time.
- 8 bakers semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 square of chocolate in small microwave bowl on high 1-2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after each minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Cut 3 squares of chocolate into large chunks, set aside.
- Beat margarine, sugars, egg & vanilla until light & fluffy.
- Stir in 1 square of melted chocolate.
- Mix in flour, baking powder & salt.
- Stir in chocolate chunks & walnuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets.
- Remove & finish cooling on wire racks.
- Melt remaining 4 squares of chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on high 1-2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after each minute until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip 1/2 of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- Let stand on waxed paper until chocolate is firm.