Recipe by Tarbean
From "Delicious Dips" cookbook. "When I was writing my cookbook Midnight Munchies, I experiented with mixes to see if I could create brownie 'chips' instead of the more typical soft, tender brownies. These are the 'chips' and they are divine. "The brownie chips can be prepared 2 days in advance and stored in a covered container at room temperature. The chips will soften if stored in plastic bags."
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing pan
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury thick'n fudgy deluxe chocolate chunk brownie mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom of a 10x15 rimmed baking sheet, preferable nonstick, with the cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, egg, and water and beat with a fork or wooden spoon until well blended. Stir in the brownie mix and beat until well blended. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Use a table knife to score the brownies into about 3-inch squares. Score each square on the diagonal to form 2 triangles. Return to the oven and bake until the brownies are crips at the edges (but not burnt), about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a rack and cool int he pan for 10 minutes. Use the edge of a spatula to cut the brownies at the score lines. Lift and remove the brownies from the pan and cool on a rack. They will harden and turn into "chips" as they cool. Arrange on a serving platter or in a basket and serve at room temperature with you choice of dessert dips.