Prep1 hr 25 mins
originally from "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine
Make and share this Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on med. speed for 30 sec.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder & beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can.
- Using a spoon, stir in any remaining flour, white baking bar and semisweet chocolate. Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into a 9" long log.
- Place log about 4" apart on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten logs slightly until about 2" thick.
- Bake logs in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 min. or until a wooden toothpick inserted neat the centers comes out clean.
- Cool on the cookie sheet set on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/2" thick slices.
- Lay slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake slices in a 325 degree oven for 8 min.
- Turn slices over.
- Bake 7-9 min. more or until slices are dry and crisp. (Do not overbake.)
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.