1/6 Photos of Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally from "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on med. speed for 30 sec.
- 2Add sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder & beat until combined.
- 3Beat in eggs.
- 4Beat in as much of the flour as you can.
- 5Using a spoon, stir in any remaining flour, white baking bar and semisweet chocolate. Divide dough in half.
- 6Shape each half into a 9" long log.
- 7Place log about 4" apart on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten logs slightly until about 2" thick.
- 8Bake logs in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 min. or until a wooden toothpick inserted neat the centers comes out clean.
- 9Cool on the cookie sheet set on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 10Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/2" thick slices.
- 11Lay slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 12Bake slices in a 325 degree oven for 8 min.
- 13Turn slices over.
- 14Bake 7-9 min. more or until slices are dry and crisp. (Do not overbake.)
- 15Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- 16Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 48.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g