This is a very yummy cookie recipe, which is perfect for those "I am craving for something sweet but not too sweet"-days, if you know what I mean. =) They are crisp but with a soft centre and can be made gigantic, medium size or small depending on your personal preferences. Peanuts can be substituted by any other type of nut you like without the cookies losing flavour or texture.
- 125 g soft butter
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 (15 g) packet vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g oats
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125 g flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 100 g milk chocolate with peanuts, alternatively you can use 100 g plain chocolate and add some chopped peanuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a bowl cream butter with both sugars for approximately 3-4 minutes One by one add egg, oats and milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and add to the dough. Blend in well and then add the chopped chocolate pieces.
- Using a teaspoon or tablespoon (depending on the desired size of your cookies) place heaps of the dough onto a paper-lined/greased baking sheet. Flatten lightly.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the cookies have browned slightly. Let cool and enjoy! =).