Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very yummy cookie recipe, which is perfect for those "I am craving for something sweet but not too sweet"-days, if you know what I mean. =) They are crisp but with a soft centre and can be made gigantic, medium size or small depending on your personal preferences. Peanuts can be substituted by any other type of nut you like without the cookies losing flavour or texture.
- 125 g soft butter
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 (15 g) packet vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g oats
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 125 g flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 100 g milk chocolate with peanuts, alternatively you can use 100 g plain chocolate and add some chopped peanuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a bowl cream butter with both sugars for approximately 3-4 minutes One by one add egg, oats and milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and add to the dough. Blend in well and then add the chopped chocolate pieces.
- Using a teaspoon or tablespoon (depending on the desired size of your cookies) place heaps of the dough onto a paper-lined/greased baking sheet. Flatten lightly.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the cookies have browned slightly. Let cool and enjoy! =).
What a delightful treat! I was able to convert all the ingredients easily! The only slight change was I cannot find the vanilla sugar here in our rural area so I used granulated and added about a 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract to the dough. These are moist in the center and have that nice bite to them on the outside. I received 30 standard size cookies using a medium cookie scoop. I could gobble these right up easily so I better tuck some away and soon! Made for PRMR tag game (my first tag there ever!).