Recipe by Dancer^
Kids love these, firm and chewy all rolled into one bar.
Top Review by MTpockets
Followed the recipe exactly as written. Mine took a little longer to bake (about 20-25 mins) but ovens do vary so no fault of the recipe itself. They turned out really good. Delicious little bars. My family and I enjoyed them. Thank you so much for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cream butter or margarine with both sugars.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add vanilla and continue mixing.
- Sift together flour soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed ingredients, mix well.
- Add oats and continue mixing.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips until well blended.
- With a large spoon, drop six large mounds into prepared baking pan.
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap large enough to cover pan.
- Place plastic wrap over mounds and press with your hand to spread the dough evenly; cover the entire pan with dough.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until light brown--Do not over bake.
- Remove pan from oven and turn off oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate chips over the baked bars.
- Return to cooling oven for 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Use a plastic spatula to spread the melted chocolate until it completely covers the bars.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate is cold and firm.
- Cut into squares.