Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my Favorite! Good with and without the glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 drops mint extract (or more)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer beat together the butter with the sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the vanilla.
- On a low speed beat in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop teaspoons of the batter about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until just cracked on top, about 8 to10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the cooking time.
- Cool completely.
- For the glaze - In a small bowl mix together the confectioners' sugar, mint extract and water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let cookies stand until set, about 10 minutes.