- 125 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder (suggests Cabury Bournville)
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips (suggests Cadbury)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the vanilla essence and egg.
- Stir in sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Fold through chocolate chips.
- Place teaspoonful of mixture on greased baking trays and bake in moderately slow oven 160c for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.