Recipe by BachFromTheDead
These are the moistest, most decadent chocolate cookies I've come across yet, they aren't too cakey or too tough, and unlike other chocolate chocolate cookies, no spreading!
Top Review by RedBabyT
These were perfect, I exchanged the dark chocolate for bitter-sweet in one batch and they tasted just as good the other, in my opinion; although my friend said she perfered the dark choco batch. I will admit, I had some trepidation over these (I've had a dark past with choco-choco cookies) but the texture was perfect, the flavor was perfect, and they, as promised, didn't spread. A abso-flippin-lutely delicious.
P.S. to keep them moist after baking, stick an apple slice into the bag, trust me.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate, divided
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate, divided
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Cream the butter and sugars in a medium/small bowl with an electric mixer on high speed or by hand.
- Lower speed to medium and add the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flours, cocoa, baking soda, & baking powder.
- On low speed, add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Beat until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of each of the chocolate chips.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate in the microwave or over the saucepan and incorporate into the dough.
- Form the dough into approximately 1 1/2-inch balls(I used a tbsp measuring spoon to size). Place on parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart, flatten slightly with your palm.
- Bake until centers are just set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 2-5 minutes.