Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Are regular chocolate chip cookies just not enough for you? Try these cookies with a rich chocolate flavor and a fab chewy texture. This recipe came from Jan and is dirty good.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa (dutch processed is the best)
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 cups bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 cups toasted pecans (or walnuts, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon - cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Beat in the cocoa. Add the eggs and stir until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts to the butter mixtur; incorporating each addition thoroughly. Mix in chocolate and nuts.
- Put the dough into balls, the size of your choice and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Begin checking them at 8 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack.