Are regular chocolate chip cookies just not enough for you? Try these cookies with a rich chocolate flavor and a fab chewy texture. This recipe came from Jan and is dirty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa (dutch processed is the best)
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 cups bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 cups toasted pecans (or walnuts, hazelnuts or macadamia nuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon - cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Beat in the cocoa. Add the eggs and stir until combined.
- 3Add the flour mixture in 3 parts to the butter mixtur; incorporating each addition thoroughly. Mix in chocolate and nuts.
- 4Put the dough into balls, the size of your choice and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Begin checking them at 8 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone.
- 5Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 108.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g