Recipe by Kaarin
These might be my husband's absolute favorite cookies. They are very chocolatey!
Top Review by bkberries
These are awesome, rich, wonderful cookies, not too sweet, but nicely chocolatey. I rolled them into 17 gm balls (OK, I'm a little OCD...) and it made 5 dozen beautiful cookies. I left them in balls on my cookie sheets and they made really pretty cookies with almost a crinkle texture on the top, but they didn't spread out much (which is fine with me). I did flatten some of them out with the back of a spatula and they were perfect for the tops and bottoms of bite sized ice-cream sandwiches.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (dutch processed is best)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and eggs, then the dry ingredients, beating just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The batter is very stiff, but makes a rich and gooey cookie if you don't overbake.