Recipe by Bev
These cookies are chewy, moist, delicious and LOADED with chocolate chips! This recipe was taken from Cuisine Magazine.
Top Review by CrystalA
The best cookies in the world. I have made them twice now and they were so delicious. Although my Bf prefers the more cake-like kind, but I dont. These were just perfect. I will never make any other kind of choco chip cookie!
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients, set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing developes the gluten, making a tough cookie).
- Now, stir in the semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop (2 tbs per scoop) to measure and drop dough 2" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake on center rack of oven 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned and edges are set.
- Remove from oven; leave cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes to firm up.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If you are reusing the warm baking sheet, reduce baking time slightly.