Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are chewy, moist, delicious and LOADED with chocolate chips! This recipe was taken from Cuisine Magazine.
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients, set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing developes the gluten, making a tough cookie).
- Now, stir in the semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop (2 tbs per scoop) to measure and drop dough 2" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake on center rack of oven 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned and edges are set.
- Remove from oven; leave cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes to firm up.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If you are reusing the warm baking sheet, reduce baking time slightly.
The best cookies in the world. I have made them twice now and they were so delicious. Although my Bf prefers the more cake-like kind, but I dont. These were just perfect. I will never make any other kind of choco chip cookie!
Thank you bev for posting these great cookies!! They were simple yet delicious!! I did follow the recipe exactly. I made these to send overseas to my dh, yet I am having a hard time saving any to mail :). I will definatly be making these again soon!! I made 2 dozen regular size to send to my dh, and i made several "huge" ones for a friend to cheer her up. Thanks!!
Great and utterly rich cookies! These are filled with chocolate and practically melt in your mouth... both wonderful qualities in a cookie! I only made half a batch. Didn't have any chips, so I used 1 bar Ghiradelli milk chocolate, 1/2 bar Ghiradelli dark chocolate and 3/4 bar Lindt Chocolate-Orange. These are definately going on the holiday rotation list- thanks!