Recipe by Shannon Holmes
This recipe isbased on one from Jennifer at All Recipes, here is a link to the original recipe http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/BkrsBrkfstCki.asp
Top Review by tednjoc
These are very nice breakfast cookies. I substituted applesauce for the prune puree. Also, I made the cookies a bit smaller, so the yield was 11. My kids really like the taste, and I appreciate how healthy the cookies are. Thank you!
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml oats, plus
- 29.58 ml oats
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml raisins or 59.14 ml more semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 44.37-59.16 ml applesauce
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg white
- 29.58 ml prune puree
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cocoa through raisins.
- Mix with whisk and set aside.
- Mix together all wet ingredients in a medium bowl until fluffy.
- Make a well in the dry ingrendients, pour wet into the dry.
- Mix well.
- With sprayed hands, form about 6 large cookies, place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes for soft, chewy cookies or 10 minutes for dry cookies.
- Remove from pan and let cool on cookie racks.
- Store in tupperware, wax paper between cookies.