Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Everybody likes chocolate. Recipe from an unknown source; one from my mother's collection of millions of recipes.
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 59.14 ml fat free cream cheese
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml processed cocoa
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2 sheet pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Into a small bowl, sift the flour, cocoa and salt and stir to combine.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into quarters.
- Divide each quarter into eight (8).
- Form a ball with each piece of 8 by rolling between your palms.
- Place each ball on a sheet pan.
- Using the bottom of a glass, press the nuggets into 2" rounds.
- Bake 8 minutes or until slightly puffed and very soft to touch.
- Let cool on the sheetpans for 1 minute before transferring to racks to cool completely.
These are excellent .. I had a bit of a problem, the dough was just too crumbly to hold together .. so I just added an egg, and they came out great .. thanks for posting!
My darling Toolie, you are going to be the star of my Passover holiday! I made these kosher for Passover by substituting matzah cake meal for the flour. I also used full-fat cream cheese. These cookies have a rugalach taste to them, which makes sense with the combination of cream cheese and chocolate. I can't wait to make these next week with regular flour. Toolie, your mom had a winner with this one!
Delicious! These cookies are so good!!! I followed Mirj's advice and made these for Passover substituting matzah cake meal for the flour. I recently made them again with regular flour and full fat cream cheese. They were excellent. Elaine, thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe.