Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
A wonderful chocolate-chocolate chip cookie sparked with chopped maraschino cherries.
Make and share this Double Chocolate Cherry Drops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, well drained, chopped, reserve juice
- 3 (1 ounce) baking chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- maraschino cherry, halved
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1 cup butter, brown sugar and sugar large mixer bowl.
- Add egg and almond extract; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt beat until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and ½ cup cherries by hand drop dough by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in 1 quart saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Combine chocolate mixture and powdered sugar in small bowl.
- Stir half & half and reserved cherry juice until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick, stir in additional cherry juice.
- Frost cooled cookies.
- Place 1 cherry half in center of each cookie.
- Let stand on waxed paper until set.