Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe by Ashley Berman was on the Ultimate Recipe Showdown: Cookies.
Top Review by dicentra
I thought these were incredibly rich and yummy!! I used home-dried cherries, cut up and mini chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate. Quick to put together and very dark cookie. DH thought they were a little strange (but still ate plenty of them!). Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine, such as burgundy
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl. In a bowl of an electric mixer, or with a handheld mixer, combine butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and wine and combine. Slowly in batches add the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate and cherries. On a nonstick cookie sheet, place a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are still soft looking but edges look firm.