1/2 Photos of Double Chocolate Cherry Cake
Baby Kato's Note:
Yummy! Need I say more! Chocolate, white chocolate and cherries and all in one special cake...enjoy...it may become a favourite at your home also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour 2 x 9" round pan.
- 3Combine sour cream, cocoa and water, blend well (set aside).
- 4Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into bowl (set aside).
- 5In a large bowl beat butter and sugar on medium high speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- 6Lower speed and add vanilla and almond extracts, add eggs one at a time, blend well.
- 7Add flour 3 times to butter mixture, alternating 2 times with milk mixture-- starting and ending with flour.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Pour batter evenly into both pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20- 25 minutes.
- 10Cool on racks for 20 minutes before removing pans.
- 11Cool completely before frosting.
- 12Beat whipping cream with icing sugar until stiff but not dry.
- 13Place one cake on platter, frost with 1 cup whipped cream to 1/2" from edge of cake, sprinkle white chocolate chips on top of whipped cream and top with the chopped and drained cherries.
- 14Put 2nd cake overtop of first cake and frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped cream.
- 15You can add chocolate curls or marashino cherries to decorate if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 164.1 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g