Recipe by Tams' Kitchen
Saw this in a magazine (Canadian Living). Uses Splenda.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
I made these last night as I'm a HUGE fan of chocolate and cherries PLUS the use of Splenda appealed to me for my dietary needs. I don't know if it was the Splenda or if there was too much flour, but these turned out dry. I had one last night and it was very chocolatey but very crumbly. Today I had one and while it was not as dry as last night, I still had to be careful as it crumbled quite a bit. Overall, the flavor was good, but I did not like the dryness.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl over simmering water, heat butter with chocolate just until melted, stirring occasionally. remove from heat. Whisk in splenda until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk flour with baking powder; stir into splenda mixture in two additions just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Spread in greased 8 inch square metal cake pan. Bake in 350F oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool; cut into squares.