Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I saw this recipe in our local newspaper this morning. I thought it sounded really good! Passive work time does not reflect cooling time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (see note)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup halved dried cherries (pitted)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 13X9-inch glass baking dish.
- Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in a heavy, large saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Mix in sugar. Mix in eggs one at a time, then yolk. Add extracts, then flour and cinnamon, and stir until just blended. Mix in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake until brownies are firm around edges and tester inserted into center comes out with a few crumbs, about 35 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Note: If you don't like the faint taste of almonds, you can substitute vanilla extract.