Recipe by Starshine Michelle
Easy to prepare, impressive in presentation, requires no fancy ingredients, and it is just plain SCRUMPTIOUS!
- 18 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
For the Ganache
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Making the Crust:.
- Before you start, preheat your oven to 300*F.
- Place the 18 cookies in a blender and pulse until finely crushed. Once you have your crumbs, press them all along the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Melt the 12 oz. of semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave, being sure to stir them at 20 second intervals until they are completely smooth and melted. Set this aside for now.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, beating at medium speed just until they have combined.
- Next, add in the 4 eggs, one at a time, beating at low speed just until combined after each addition.
- Now go find the chocolate you melted and add into your mixing bowl slowly, beating it at low speed until it is just combined.
- Pour this chocolaty mixture into your cookie crumb crust, slide it into your preheated 300 degree oven, and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- If it jiggles a bit, and you can touch the top with your finger and it feels somewhat firm, your cheesecake is done baking. If it is still too jiggly, bake it for about 15 more minutes and then check it again.
- Now, with the cheesecake still in the oven, turn it OFF. Let the cheesecake stay in the oven for 30 minutes, with the door closed.
- Remove your cheesecake to a wire rack and let it cool completely. When it is completely cool, cover and place it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Take your cheesecake out of the fridge and remove the sides of the springform pan. Place your cheesecake on a serving platter if it suits you.
- Pour your 3/4 cup of whipping cream into a saucepan on the stove and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Remove from heat, and stir in the chocolate chips. Keep stirring, and as it comes together, switch to your whisk, stirring until it is completely combined and smooth as silk. Let this cool slightly.
- Now, pour your ganache over the cheesecake and spread out evenly. Return to the refrigerator and refrigerate until it is firm.
- Once it is ready, you can either eat it right out of the refrigerator or let the cheesecake sit out until it is room temp before enjoying.