Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is being entered for ZWT II & my source is www.foodlovers.com. They acknowledged Helen Jackson & described her as "an Auckland-based foodie who teaches cooking classes, catering & designing recipes." (The yield & times were not specified, so have been estimated w/some fear & trepidation)
- 75 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C Beat cream cheese & 2 tbsp sugar together & set aside.
- In a lrg bowl, combine flour, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder & salt.
- Make a well in the centre. Pour in egg, butter & milk stirring till just moist.
- Spoon some chocolate batter into ea muffin tin & drop 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture on top. Then cover w/chocolate batter.
- Bake 15-20 min till springy to touch.
These are delicious! Moist and chocolatey, but not too sweet! I add a few mor chocolate chips to the tops of my muffins. Thanks for this muffin recipe!
A great chocolate-y muffin recipe. I absolutely love the little cheesey surprise in the middle. Thanks for the great recipe.
I made this for an event my sister attended, and only one was left! They were scrumptious.:)