Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Double Chocolate-Caramel-Fudge Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks, divided (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- heat oven to 350. Grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening. In small saucepan, cook caramels and milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- In medium suacepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs; blend well. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt; mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks and 1 cup toasted pecans. Spoon and spread batter in pan.
- Gently and evenly drizzle caramel filling over batter to prevent large pockets of caramel and to prevent caramel from reaching bottom of bars. (Caramel can cover entire surface of batter.).
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut.