Recipe by PcuIcuRn
Having two children with egg allergies poses a problem when they have parties at school. I found this recipe and have to say cannot tell it doesn't have eggs!
Top Review by Danraj
Verry good recipe! the cake came out really well. I like the idea of having the chocolate chips as a kind of frosting. <br/><br/>I made one modification to the recipe by flavouring the water with some (1tsp) of coffee..it worked well...
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with fork in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches. Or a round pan. Mix in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- *Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
- Note: Cake can be mixed in bowl if desired.