Prep 5 mins
Cook 38 mins
Easy quick cake! uses ingredients that would normally be around the pantry!! DELICIOUS
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with fork together. Mix in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and pour into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Really yummy! I read it wrong, and made in a loaf pan, but it still turned out great. Quick and easy, thank-you!
wow was this good. Made for my bf's father as he was coming for afternoon tea. They devored it. Love the idea of putting the choc-chips on top. Made more Spring 08 PAC.