Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
This recipe has been handed down to me by my friends mother, who also learnt it from a friend. These brownies are literally 40% sugar, so if I were a diabetic, I would use natural sweetners etc.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter until resembling oil, and add the cocoa bit by bit. Mix with a wooden spoon roughly. You should get something looking like a really dark brown watery chocolate icing.
- Once again, add the sugar bit by bit. If you don't have brown sugar, you can use white, or even raw.
- Add your essence of choice. Vanilla is common and easy to find, but you can always add almond essence, strawberry essence, etc.
- Fold in the flour, pouring in little by little.
- By this time it should be hard to mix, but that's alright. In a separate bowl add your two eggs and beat with a fork. Add to the chocolate mixture using your wooden spoon.
- Finish off with mixing in white chocolate buttons. This step is important or else your end result will be like sloppy uncooked cake. If you want, you can use 1/2 cup choc buttons and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for a unusual taste in your brownie.
- Bake in your oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are black.
- Cut the edges off once cooked and cut into triangle. Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve cold :) Enjoy!