This recipe has been handed down to me by my friends mother, who also learnt it from a friend. These brownies are literally 40% sugar, so if I were a diabetic, I would use natural sweetners etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Melt the butter until resembling oil, and add the cocoa bit by bit. Mix with a wooden spoon roughly. You should get something looking like a really dark brown watery chocolate icing.
- 3Once again, add the sugar bit by bit. If you don't have brown sugar, you can use white, or even raw.
- 4Add your essence of choice. Vanilla is common and easy to find, but you can always add almond essence, strawberry essence, etc.
- 5Fold in the flour, pouring in little by little.
- 6By this time it should be hard to mix, but that's alright. In a separate bowl add your two eggs and beat with a fork. Add to the chocolate mixture using your wooden spoon.
- 7Finish off with mixing in white chocolate buttons. This step is important or else your end result will be like sloppy uncooked cake. If you want, you can use 1/2 cup choc buttons and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for a unusual taste in your brownie.
- 8Bake in your oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are black.
- 9Cut the edges off once cooked and cut into triangle. Dust with icing sugar.
- 10Serve cold :) Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 44.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 52.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g