Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in either Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine. I'm posting it for safe keeping since I couldn't find anything similar on the site.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Line a 9" square baking pan with nonstick foil; set aside.
- Reserve 2 oz of the chocolate. Chop remaining 6 oz and place in a large microwave-safe bowl with butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Stir sugar, flour, baking soda and salt into chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir until smooth.
- Chop remaining 2 oz chocolate and stir into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan, spreading level.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick come out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Lift brownie from pan using foil; place directly on rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.